P2P | 29 December 2020 | 280 MB
Epic bronze gong drum library sampled in pristine clarity. A highly versatile virtual instrument that ranges from intimate taps to ringing mallet booms.
This is a pristinely recorded, deeply sampled library of a ceremonial bronze gong drum from South East Asia.
This particular drum was in the ground for most of its lifetime as a ceremonial drum, only to be disenterred for ancestral and other rituals in the local village. It was brought back to the UK by renowned South East Asia expert and anthropologist Andrew Turton, during his studies there in the 1970s. It has since been in his private collection of artefacts and musical instruments from the region.
The drum was recorded dry.
The library is highly playable, with left hand and right hand separately mapped for easy playing and programming of rolls and crescendi. The custom UI interface allows for control of Sustain, Tape Saturation and subtle Low End control as well as Reverb amount and size.
Ritual Gong Drum come with a simple and clean Kontakt interface. We’ve selected a few key parameters to help you tailor the sound of the Ritual Gong Drum for your compositions:
– Volume & Pan: Master Volume and Pan controls
– Envelope settings: Set Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release
– Saturation: amount of tape saturation (slight compression at higher levels)
– Low Boost: gentle, very musical boost of low frequencies for added oomph. Or dial it down – completely if you’re after a ringing, distant sound
– Extra Sustain: Additional Transient Shaping for longer decay slope
– Reverb: amount of reverb return (Bricasti Digital Reverb Model)
– Length: controls the length of the reverb trail
– Large solid bronze gong drum from Thailand
– Decorated with symbolic animals (frogs, elephants)
– Wool mallet short
– Wool mallet long
– Hand Rim
– Hand Soft
– Mallet Rim Soft
– Mallet Rim Hard
– 24bit 48khz sampling
– Bricasti Digital Reverb Modelling
Require a FULL version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or above!