Team DECiBEL | 31 March 2021 | 2.52 GB
Saxophones + harmoniums = SAXOMAPHONIUM
Sound Dust Saxomaphonium is a hybrid Kontakt instrument hewn from layers of baritone and alto sax plus two ancient wind-powered reed organs. It takes un-cool elements, records them nicely and then re-imagines them into something entirely new.
With a deep but manageable Kontakt engine, the Saxomaphonium creates a new reed/metal/wood-based palette that can cover a surprisingly wide range of stunning possibilities.
Looped baritone and alto long notes
Tape treated, looped baritone and alto long notes
Honking goose sax staccato
BPM synced looping harmonium hand-pumped notes
Deep wheezy foot pumped room organ
– Saxophone x 2 – 4 octaves of baritone and alto saxophone long looped notes – 6 velocity layers.
– Tape Saxophone – 4 octaves of baritone and alto saxophone long looped notes – brutalised through Roland Chorus Echo RE501 for lots of wow and flutter – 6 velocity layers.
– Honk – 4 octaves of baritone and alto saxophone staccato notes – 5 velocity layers.
– Harmonium – binaurally recorded portable harmonium with looped BPM synced bellows pumping.
– Pump Organ – binaurally recorded church style pump organ.
– 1140 24bit samples = 2.46GB with Native Instruments propriety compression
– Note Jitter – randomises note on/off timing, velocity values and tuning between articulations
– Chord and Key quantise – selectable to fix scale and chord type across all keys
– Sample start and loop length control per articulation
– All controls fully automatable
– BPM synced pan and volume modulation per articulation
– BPM synced vibrato and chorus per articulation
– 24 custom convolution reverbs per articulation
– 4 insert effects – dirt, eq, rotor, phaser and master algorithmic reverb
– 2 send effects – delay and algorithmic reverb
– Keyboard Velocity and Round Robin modelling page
– 55 instrument snapshots
– Handy build in instructions in RTFM page
FULL version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or above needed.