Team FLARE | 03 April 2021 | WiN: 15.9 MB – MAC: 47.6 MB
A ‘lofi flavor’ beast – Feel the lofi vibes of the VHS era.
As kids of the 80s we have always been drawn to the sound of slightly out-of-tune synths, warm tape saturation, gritty samples and grainy reverbs. So we set out on a mission to capture the lofi spirit of our favorite decade – and bring it into a new decade.
Meet a complex algorithm with eight simple knobs. We named it ‘Super’ for its powers and ‘VHS’ for its sound.
Six unique ‘one-knob’ effects inspired by the VHS-era.
– STATIC – Static noise generated by an internal synthesizer
– HEAT – ‘Analog tape’ saturator, inspired by consumer-grade tape machines
– SHAPE – Sample rate reducer inspired by 1980s 8-bit samplers
– MAGIC – Widening FX inspired by the Juno chorus, but darker and deeper
– DRIFT – Pitch fluctuation LFO for unpredictable time and pitch shifting
– WASH – ‘Bad hall’ reverb inspired by budget friendly 1980s rack units
Plugin formats: VST, VST3, AU, AAX.
Platforms supported: Mac OS 10.7 and up including Catalina. PC Windows 7 and up.
DAWs supported: Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Logic Pro, FL Studio, Cubase, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason + more.