P2P | 10 July 2020 | 106 MB
Bring musical inspirations to life with the blazingly fast and intuitive Notion™ 6 music composition and performance environment. Compose when and how you want and even enter music with your own handwriting. Take projects to the next level with deep integration with Studio One®. Hear and perform music with gorgeous samples by the London Symphony Orchestra and others. Deliver polished scores faster than ever before, from complete film orchestrations to simple lead sheets and guitar tab.
Whether you are an instrumentalist, songwriter, composer, arranger, music educator, or student, you’ll find Notion 6 to be the easiest-to-use and best-sounding notation software on the market today. Notion 6: Redefining music notation.
New in Notion 6.
The new features and enhancements in Notion 6 represent the most popular requests from the Notion user community and feedback from users of other notation platforms who are looking to make the switch.
Notable improvements include: cross-platform handwriting recognition; new layout control and features for professional score output; drag to respace measures and systems; new instruments from Soundiron; new video window controls for faster scoring to picture; the new Notion Scores library, with over 100 great works; updated Music XML support for seamless transfer with other apps; MP3 export; MIDI over ReWire for improved integration with leading digital audio workstations; and unprecedented side-by-side workflow integration with Studio One Artist or Professional on the same computer or between multiple computers on the same network.
Changelog v6.7.489 / Jul 7, 2020 :
New Minimum Requirements
Windows 10 (64-bit only)
macOS 10.13 High Sierra (64-bit only)
Support for Studio One v5
• Compatible with the new Score Editor in Studio One v5.0. See updated User Guide for all info (Chapter 15.7)
• New options in Notion to send either Score data (to version 5.0 or later), or legacy MIDI data transfer (to Studio One 3.3 or later)
• [Win] Notion will now launch the latest version of Studio One that it finds on the local machine
• [Win] Fix for sending to Studio One with non-ASCII characters in filename
• ‘Send to Studio One’ dialog selects ‘This Computer’ by default if available
• In the ‘Send to Studio One’ dialog, other computers on the network are only listed once if found via different network interfaces
• Chords with accidentals in the bass note in Studio One’s Chord Track are now displayed correctly when sent to Notion (e.g. A/C#)
• Compatible with PreSonus Sphere membership
• If Studio One or PreSonus Hub is present with activated subscription, Notion will automatically activate with Sphere on opening
• Sphere membership can be manually deactivated in Studio One or PreSonus Hub application – if it has been deactivated then Notion will fall back on standalone licence if one existed before Sphere, or Demo mode if not
• You can manually Update the licence timer in Notion’s Software Activation menu. This is useful to prevent Notion requiring activation if you are offline at a critical moment (e.g. using Notion live on stage, or you plan on using it on a long journey)
• Handle incomplete ties when handwriting in Continuous view
• Fix clef and key signature issues when handwriting in Continuous view
• [Win] Installer fixes for font and font size
• [macOS] Korean/Chinese/Japanese fonts now showing as expected for EULA during install
• Now uses original language expression text in Chinese localization (e.g. arco, pizz)
• On Windows, ‘Groß’ and ‘Klein’ now used in Transposition dialog, not ‘Dur’ and ‘Moll’ when in German
• Occasional crash fixed when Italian language is set and Notion is offline
• Updated User Guide, including chapter on Studio One 5 integration (Chapter 15.7)
• Updated Quick Reference Guides in all languages
• Updated EULA
• Occasional crash when opening mixer fixed
• Notion now sends Tempo Track during MIDI export when being controlled by ReWire
• Notion cursor now does not return to start position on stop in ReWire session
• [Win]Installer updated
• [Win] Dialogs now have resizing controls only if they are actually resizable
• [macOS] Fix for missing security entitlement for Synsopos
• Note that Soundcloud export is currently unavailable, as the API used is no longer supported by Soundcloud