Team R2R | 15 January 2021 | WiN: 79.7 MB – MAC: 311.1 MB
Developed in cooperation with vintage synth specialist Bigtone Studios, The Legend is designed to faithfully emulate one of the most famous vintage analog synths. Moreover, numerous innovative enhancements greatly increase its versatility.
► Unprecedented precision
Every component, ranging from the voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs), voltage-controlled filter (VCF) and voltage-controlled amplifier (VCA), have been modeled to an accuracy never seen before in software. The snappy filter and amplifier envelopes have been meticulously modeled, as well as the massive bottom end – even the most marginal effects like temperature drift or effects originating from the power supply have been taken into account.
The most significant additions are the Unison and Polyphonic modes, allowing for thick stereo sounds, as well as enabling polyphonic play. Built around a vectorized core, The Legend is capable of synthesizing four voices for the cost of little more than a single voice, making it a highly efficient analog-modeling synthesizer plug-in.
The back panel of The Legend allows to switch between two revisions modeled, Early and Late. Moreover, extra options allow to fine-tune the analog simulation and account for part tolerances typically found in hardware. The key parameter ranges can be adjusted as well as tuning, drift or saturation.
Another bonus feature of The Legend is its on-board effects, comprising a high-quality delay and reverb unit. Both effects are tailored to the synthesizer, and offer just the right sound with only a few parameters each.
The Legend comes with 480 patches crafted by leading sound designers and sorted into categories like Bass, Lead, SFX, etc.
► The Legend features summary
– Accurate circuit simulation
– Two Revisions modeled, Early and Late
– 8x Oversampled engine
– Vectorized core with Unison, Mono and four-voice Polyphony modes
– 480 patches included
– Available as VST, Audio Unit and Rack Extension
New in v1.3.0
- ProTools AAX version added.
- 8-voice mode for higher polyphony.
- Host Tempo sync switch added for OSC 3 in LO mode.
- Modwheel source added to the modulation matrix.
- Initial phase of all oscillators can be adjusted on the back panel.
- AVX support for optimal performance (requires a processor with AVX).
- Improved Retina support on the Mac (required OS X 10.9 or higher).
- Preset library increased to 530 patches total.
- Pitch Bend range increased to +/- 48 semitones.